STEP BY STEP PARCHMENT GUIDE
After you complete an application for a college, you will need to send your transcript! In order to do this, you need to create a Parchment account to order your transcript. Your high school counseling department will assist with the creation of this account. Step 4 explains how to request your transcript once your account has been created.
STEP 1: GO TO PARCHMENT
- Go to parchment.com
- Choose “Create Account” towards the top right of the page
- Choose the “Learner or Parents” account on the left
You can also go straight to the create account page here.
STEP 2: CREATE ACCOUNT
- Complete this form (use a personal email)
- Go to your email to retrieve your Registration Code
- You can either type in the code given, or click the green “verify your email address” button
- It may prompt you to begin filling out a profile, you can skip that for now and click “orders” in the top menu and then “create new order”
STEP 3: ADD YOUR HIGH SCHOOL
- Click the + (top image)
- Search for your high school
- You will need to fill out your earliest year and expected graduation year (Class of 2022: If you started in 9th grade you would enter 2018 and then 2022)
- You will need to check the box to waive your right to access (the earliest year will look red until you do)
- Click consent and request
STEP 4: SEND TO COLLEGES
- Click the “Order” button
- This is where you type in the name of the college you want to send your transcript
- It is easier to type part of the school name and click “search”
- Make sure you select the “undergraduate” program
- You will need to click save and continue twice and verify the information is correct.
- On the first page you should be able to “add more schools” if you want to send the transcript to multiple schools.
- It should be free to order the transcript and the amount should say zero.
- You will need to sign your name and submit. At this point it will be sent to your high school counselor. They will then send your transcript to the colleges listed.
Be sure to save your login information for Parchment! You may need to send a final transcript to the college you will be attending once you graduate from high school!