Once you receive your college financing plans, tour the colleges, and learn more about your specific program of interest, it is time to choose a college! See the checklist below for the steps you should be completing during the Spring of your senior year.
MAY 1ST IS NATIONAL COLLEGE DECISION DAY!
Be sure you are on track to enroll at your college by following this checklist!
- Submit your enrollment/ housing deposit
- This deposit will hold your spot! Be sure you know your college’s deadline for enrollment and/or housing deposits
- Sign up for on campus housing
- Sign up for Orientation
- Each college is slightly different, but this is an excellent time for you to get to know campus and meet friends! Even if Orientation is optional at your school, we highly recommend participating!
- Send your final transcript via Parchment
- Meet with an Academic Adviser and sign up for classes
- Finalize your financial aid and make any payments
- Complete loan counseling on the U.S. Department of Education’s website (using your FSA ID), if applicable
- If you won any additional scholarships, make sure the money is sent to the correct college
- Make a payment to cover any out of pocket costs
- Connect with the right people on campus
- If you are in need of accommodations, be sure to seek out those offices
- Enjoy your time in college and seek out help when you are stuck!
Adjusting to college can be very difficult, but also an exciting time! You spent your high school career networking with teachers, staff, coaches, and other community members. Starting over may sound scary, but know your peers at college feel the same way. It is so important to ask questions and seek out the correct people on campus.
Check out our High School to College page for more tips!